Saturday, October 13, 2012

I just need to get it out.

Here I am at BYU. A freshman, studying Communication Disorders. My classes are hard. I mean hard okay? Let's go over my day. 

Wake Up
7:30 Meeting for [insert any volunteer program here]
9:00 Y-Serve Planning
10:00 Book of Mormon...still can't figure out why this class is so hard for me. 
11:00-1:00 I get a break. Check in with Tyler, look over any homework, breath deeply.
1:00-2:00 American Heritage, the devil's idea of the perfect class. Kill me. 
2:00-3:00 Biology- In class: "This is the process of photosynthesis" Test: "What is the chemical composition of this cow?"
3:00-4:00 Field trip to the Subway off-campus to get a caffeinated beverage with my favorite roommate.
4:00-6:00 American Sign Language. Really? The ABC's? My colors? Get me out of this class.

Then I am finally awarded the opportunity to go home and do piles of homework, study pointless information that refuses to stick in my brain, and blah, blah, blah. 

I am come to the conclusion that I'm really good being at college, just not being a college student.
I'm good at late night movies, concerts, pep-rallies, building forts, making desserts, talking to cute boys (this one in particular is my very favorite...) and pulling all-nighters. I'm not good at testing, sitting still, bringing the right books to class, taking relevant (doodle-free) notes, and being a student.

But anyways, so yeah. I'm here at the Y. I just needed some way to complain.


No comments:

Post a Comment