Saturday, May 28, 2011

Home.

LindsayDruPhotography

Today the class of 2011 walked across the stage & received their diplomas. All I could think today is: that will be me next year. I wonder if they felt like I do now. I'm not ready to grow up yet. Pay bills, figure taxes, not be able to talk with my sisters on my bed at night... Today I realized how special my little town is to me. The faces that I know and the streets that I can see when I close my eyes. Memories hidden everywhere. The yellow slide at the Fair Road park, the weekly dress displays at Frills N Fancies, the smell of the earth from the cotton fields on the outskirts of town. Things that I'll miss, no matter where life takes me. 

"There is a magic in that little world, home; it is a mystic circle that surrounds, comforts, and virtues never known beyonds its hallowed limits." -Robert Southey

No comments:

Post a Comment